Tenants FAQ

Which type of documentation do I need to provide before I book with Myrooms?

To book with us we need proof of ID, this could be an ID card or a passport if you are an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen. Non EEA citizens have to provide a passport with either a valid visa or residence permit. Myrooms carries out a process of tenant referencing.

What does my weekly rent cover?

At the beginning of your tenancy you will be asked to pay a one-off contribution of the value of one week rent. Utility bills, council tax, internet and the fortnightly cleaning of communal areas in the property are all included in your weekly rent.

How do I make my rent payments?

The rent can be paid via automated card payment, BACS or direct devit on a monthly basis and in advance. All details regarding your rental payments will be provided in your contract.

What if I don’t have a UK bank account?

You can pay your rent via the automated card payment system or international transfer if you do not hold a card. All transactions should be made in GBP and not in EUROS or any other currency.

I don’t live in the UK and don’t have a bank account, can I pay by card?

Yes you can still pay with an international credit/debit card or you can make an international bank transfer. Please bear in mind that there will be a bank handling fee if you transfer from an international bank account and there is also a 3.5% surcharge on all international card payments.

Why do I have to pay a surcharge if I pay by credit card?

Credit card companies charge us for taking your payment. Most companies just increase the cost of their products to cover the cost; however we don’t want to increase the rent for everyone. Instead we charge a surcharge of 3.5% as applicable. We think this is fair! This applies to all international credit/debit cards as well as UK credit cards.

How long can I stay?

Myrooms can offer flexible contract lengths from 3 to 12 months. We also provide a short-let service as one of our options. Our agents are happy to assist based on your specific requirements. Please just get in touch with us either via the live chat function on our site or by emailing us at info@myrooms.co.uk

Will my room be cleaned?

We will arrange for your room to be cleaned prior to your move-in date. We also arrange for a professional cleaning service of the communal areas to be carried out on a fortnightly basis. However, please note that you are responsible to keep your room in a clean state and to carry out your share of cleaning in the communal areas on a regular basis.

Is Internet provided by Myrooms?

Yes. We provide internet broadband free of charge to all our clients. Please note although internet is free of charge it is managed by a third party.

Do I need to buy a TV license?

The Television Licensing Authority requires that every television has a license, so you will need to buy a license if you decide to bring any televisions to your flat.

Are linen and kitchen essentials included?

We do not provide you with bed linen and kitchen essentials are usually not included.

Who do I contact if I need information about my contract, my staying and administration queries?

On the day of your check-in you will be invited to register an account with the property management system that we use (Arthur). Once you are registered, you can manage every aspect of your tenancy and stay in touch with us via this online system.
You can also download the app here to use on your mobile device.

Who is taking care of any repairs or maintenance issue in my flat?

We want you to enjoy your stay and seek to resolve any potential issues as soon as possible.
To report any repairs, maintenance or appliance issues please use the following link. We will endeavour to respond within 24 hours to acknowledge your email and to log the repair.

What if I don’t like my flatmates or the area?

Whilst we do our best to match your requirements with the ideal room, we appreciate that you might change your mind once you have moved in. That’s why we offer you to change rooms for free within 7 days of moving in.

Can I renew my stay if required?

Yes, you can. You will receive an email from us before the end of your tenancy in which we will ask if you would like to renew the contract. However, you can also get in touch with us via the online management system here. Please note that an administration fee will be applied in case of a renewal of your current license.

Can I view properties in person?

We are an online estate agency that offer online viewings with professional photographs, floor plans and, in almost all cases, a video of each property. Our rooms are checked and maintained to a high standard. The properties are also all in top central London locations, which means you are well connected and live in the heart of the city. That said we want to match you with the best possible room for you and appreciate that it’s sometimes difficult to know in advance how much you like a room, neighbourhood or your flatmates. That’s why we offer you to change rooms for free within 7 days of moving in.

When will I receive my deposit after moving out?

You are required to fill in an ‘End Of Occupancy form’ with your bank details in order for Myrooms to process your deposit refund. Please note that it can take up to 21 working days for the return of your deposit.

What are your opening times?

Please refer to our ‘Contact us‘ page for our latest opening hours.

May I face additional expenses due to violations of terms and conditions or extra services?

All possible additional expenses are reported in the Myrooms charter